When you are using a Windows operating system, then you may encounter something unusual, which is high disk usage due to some reason. The signs of it will come as the fast running of your computer fan. At that point, you may restart your computer. But after reboot, the problem still exists. So, what is this error? It is not an error, but a program is running in the background, which takes a lot of CPU usage. To know the exact situation, you need to open the task manager. And there in the program menu, you will find tiworker.exe. This application is the cause of your high CPU usage.
This article will tell you about the Windows module installer worker and how you can solve your problem. So keep reading to find out more.
What is the Windows module installer worker?
It is a built-in tool in Windows operating system, which is present to check for updates. The operating system uses this tool to check for updates and fix the bugs as needed.
For doing this job, the Windows module installer worker high disk usage process is executed in the background. Due to which, your system becomes slow or may not even respond. All this process creates problems for productivity. That’s why it needed to be fixed.
How to fix the Windows module installer worker high CPU usage problem?
There are three methods to fix Windows module installer worker high disk usage Windows 10.
Method 1: Change the updates from automatic to manual
Windows module installer worker Windows 10 error appears when the updates are set on automatic settings. This error is also common to Windows 7 & 8. The easiest way is to convert the updates settings from automatic to manual. After that, the error will not appear, and the program will not run in the background.
Note: If this method does not work, then you need to adapt to another method.
Here is the method. You need to follow the steps.
- Open your computer and start Windows.
- Then, press the Windows button and R on the keyboard.
- After that, you need to type ‘services. MSc’ and click ok.
- A new window will open, and you need to search for windows installer workers.
- When you find the icon, then double-click on the icon.
- A new window will open. You need to locate the ‘startup type.’
- Then, you need to change it from automatic to manual and press ok.
- Now, you need to go back to ‘services. msc’ and locate Windows update.
- Then you need to change it from automatic to manual and press ok.
- Now, go to the control panel and locate the Windows update.
- Then, you need to go to change settings and change the settings from automatic to manual.
- Then you need to reboot your system.
- After that, your updates will be done by manual method.
- And you will not see the error message again.
Method 2: By fixing tiworker.exe
Windows modules installer worker Windows 10 high disk error can also be fixed by fixing the program that runs it. Tiworker.exe causes high disk usage, and it causes the CPU to make unnecessary sounds and heating. You can fix the program by using the following steps.
- If you are using the Windows 10, then press the Windows button and search for ‘troubleshooting’. And go to the ‘troubleshooting’ page.
- If you are using the older versions of the Windows, then go to the ‘troubleshooting’ page from the control panel.
- A new window will open, and you need to look on the left side for options.
- You need to locate ‘view all.’
- After that, you need to click the ‘view all.’
- Then, you need to locate ‘system maintenance’ and click on it.
- Your system will start detecting the issues.
- It will take a few minutes to detect the issues.
- After that, you need to reboot your system.
- Hopefully, it will solve your problem.
- If the problem still exists, then you need to apply the next method.
Method 3: Perform a clean boot
Your last hope is to perform a clean boot. You can do this by Microsoft configuration tool, which is present in every Windows. This tool frees the CPU space and reduces the burden on the hardware. Here are the steps to do that.
- Open your computer.
- Start Windows.
- Press the Windows button.
- You need to locate msconfig.exe.
- You need to open it after you find it.
- In the msconfing.exe Window, you need to select normal setup and press ok.
- Now, you need to start your computer.
- Hopefully, it will solve your problem.
We have mentioned three methods to solve the high disk usage error. One method among the three will solve your problem. And your computer will become free from the burden of automatic updates and slow speed.